How do you get rid of rotted fence post below ground?
You can dig around the post hole, and then use several long pry bars to lever the concrete footing out of the ground. If the wood left inside the footing is not completely rotten, then you can sometimes screw a large eyebolt into the wood and then pull it out with a rope or chain.
Can I leave old fence posts in ground?
Removing fence posts from the ground If you don’t think you can salvage your fence posts, then you’ll have to get them out of the ground. You could just saw off the fence post and leave the concrete in the ground, but if you plan to put up a new fence, you’ll need to remove the footings.
Will concrete rot fence posts?
Simply setting the posts in concrete does create a condition that will accelerate rot in the bottom of the posts. With pressure-treated posts, the rot will be slow. Concrete should be poured around the post – no concrete under the post.
How do you straighten a concrete fence post without removing it?
The Fix-A-Fence Solution
- Step 1 – Prepare the Site.
- Step 2 – Prepare the Fix-a-Fence Kit.
- Step 3 – Position the Bracket in the Hole.
- Step 4 – Mix a 60lb Bag of Concrete.
- Step 5 – Fill the Hole with Concrete.
- Step 6 – Take a Break While the Concrete Cures.
- Step 7 – Reposition the Fence Post and Attach the Bracket.
How do you remove an aluminum fence post in concrete?
The Rebar Method
- Drill a ½-inch wide hole through the post you’d like to remove.
- Insert a piece of ⅜-inch rebar through the hole.
- Hook a chain around both ends of the rebar.
- Attach the chain to a long piece of 4×4 lumber.
- Using a cinder block as a fulcrum, pry the post out of the ground using the 4×4 as a lever.
What do you do with old fence posts?
17 Brilliant DIY Projects That Make Use Of Repurposed Fence Posts
- Mail Station From A Fence Post. Source.
- Fence Post Garden Bench. Source.
- Fence Post Porch Pumpkins. Source.
- Chevron Outdoor Fence. Source.
- Horizontal Plank Fence.
- Planter Made From a Section Of Picket Fence.
- DIY Weathered Sunburst Mirror.
- Picket Fence Tool Tote.